Travel Health Notice - Zika virus
The Public Health Agency of Canada has issued a Travel Health Notice for the Zika virus infection in the Americas recommending that Canadians practice special health precautions while travelling in affected countries. Pregnant women and those considering becoming pregnant should discuss their travel plans with their health care provider to assess their risk and consider postponing travel to areas where the Zika virus is circulating in the Americas.
Additional required documents for minors under 18
• Birth certificate. A NOTARIZED copy of the applicant's long form birth certificate.
• Parents' passport copies. A copy of the information pages of both parents' signed passports.
• Letter of consent. A NOTARIZED letter of consent signed by both parents and authorizing the Embassy to issue a visa to the applicant.
• Financial Support Affidavit. A NOTARIZED affidavit letter signed by both parents, stating that that they will financially supporting the applicant during the trip. Parents will also need to provide a copy of their most recent bank statement showing sufficient funds.
• Application form. The form must be signed by both parents. Both signatures must fit inside the signature box.
• Polio vaccination. For applicants between the ages of 3 months and 6 years, a certificate of vaccination against Polio is required. If the child cannot be inoculated, please submit a notarized letter from the child's physician.
Additional required documents for students
VisaHQ strongly recommends you not to purchase your travel ticket to Brazil before having your application approved. We ask, however, to send us a reservation with the passanger's name and the dates of travel.
Applicants with dual citizenship MUST apply with their Canadian passports and not their other passport.
• School letter. An official letter from the school, college or university you attend, stating your name and confirming that you are currently enrolled to that institution.
• Bank statement. Photocopy of recent bank statement, with complete name of the account holder.
• Affidavit letter. A notarized affidavit letter from your parents or legal guardian, confirming their financial support to your trip along with proof of their income and employment (see above). By providing us with a notarized affidavit of financial support, you meet one of the requirements. However, since the parents or legal guardians are financially responsible for minor (hence, the affidavit), whoever signs the affidavit needs to provide proof of funds (letter of employment, bank statements, etc.), as if they were applying for a visa themselves.
• Birth certificate. Birth certificate with the parents' full name..
• If you are a student and also a worker, please provide documentation required for both situations.