Advisory : Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
• All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visa (including VoA for Japan and South Korea) granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and issued on or before 03.03.2020 and who have not yet entered India, stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons, may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visa / e-Visa granted to nationals of Peoples Republic of China, issued on or before 05.02.2020 were suspended earlier. It shall remain in force. Such Chinese nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those needing to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visas/e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travelled to Peoples Republic of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan on or after 01.02.2020, and who have not yet entered India stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Diplomats, officials of UN and other International bodies, OCI cardholders and Aircrew from above countries are exempted from such restriction on entry. However, their medical screening is compulsory.
• All foreign and Indian nationals entering into India from any port are required to furnish duly filled self declaration form (including personal particulars i.e. phone no. and address in India) and travel history, to Health officials and Immigration officials at all port.
• Passengers (foreign and Indian) other than those restricted, arriving directly or indirectly from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan must undergo medical screening at port of entry.
IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, at this time, VisaHQ does not provide full service for tourist visas to India. All applicants must apply in person at the nearest Embassy of India
. Information below is for reference purposes only. Please address all questions to the Embassy of India directly.
Original, signed Martinique passport
with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
Passport-type photograph: 2
Must be 51 mm x 51 mm.
Proof of Status.
Copy of the front and back of valid Permanent Resident Card or other proof of legal status in Canada (such as study permit, work permit, refugee/protected person status document)
Proof of address.
Bank statement or utility bill showing full address.
Applicants of Indian origin must submit their original cancelled Indian passport with Surrender Certificate endorsement.
Sri Lankan origin.
Applicants of Sri Lankan origin must submit a completed and signed Additional Form for Sri Lankan Origins. This form is available here
Non-Canadian supplemental form.
A completed and signed supplemental form for non-Canadians. This form is available here
Tourist visa checklist.
A completed and signed Tourist Visa Checklist. This document is available here
Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.